Thursday, September 6, 2012

camminando & vernissages | Chelsea and LES, September 5

The fall art season has started in full blown this week, in coincidence with September 6, Fashion Night Out. So are my multi-mile meanderings of "artwalks", as I experience the city in the most basic transportation means: walking.
Yesterday my focus was Chelsea and Lower East Side and my pick are visually shown below. My favorite show: the leaden colored low light of the sky background, while the late afternoon sun lights the many Manhattan highrise constructions.

 Strolling along Tenth Avenue


 Robert Irwin "Dotting the i's & Crossing the t’s: Part II" at The Pace Gallery


View of the Freedom Tower from Sixth Avenue

A playful installation: Eske Kath "Blackboard Jungle" at Charles Bank Gallery


Geometry is hip again: "Line and Plane" at McKenzie Fine Art



Total walk length: 12km