Sunday, July 9, 2017

Toward Healing | Powerful Quotes to Find Our Voice

The isolation of victims of bullying is one of the main factors contributing to the reinforcing loop escalating episodes of bullying. Meaningful quotes can make us feel less alone and also motivate to speak up and find our voice again.

The 1986 Nobel Laureate Elie Weisel stated:

"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference."

"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. "


I found the quotes below in the blog Bullying of Academics in Higher Education

"Nothing strengthens authority as much as silence." 
Leonardo da Vinci - 

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men [or good women] do nothing." 
Edmund Burke -

In Finding the Axis Mundi I find my voice by moving my body. In an upside-down world perhaps standing on my head will correct the view? I love metaphors!
Finding my Axis Mundi in a tunnel under the dunes, at Fort Tilden