Friday, November 22, 2013

PhD Journey | Another Week...

Another week in my PhD drama has passed and no progress in the access to the resources needed for my research. Actually, I decided not to define my PhD journey a drama any longer, and try to be less emotional; I will just look at the statistics of progress/lack of progress. Numbers always bring some type of comfort, after all.
On Wednesday I had an energizing day in Melbourne, although the usual pain in the ankle made walking even short distance a challenge. The purpose was attending a workshop on data visualization, which was extremely informative and even inspiring. Going to Melbourne is always refreshing.
The positive of the past couple of days is also that the pain in my ankle/leg, although is still a constant presence, is decreasing.
Ralph Waldo Emerson  wrote “Life is a journey, not a destination.” but in my PhD case I have really to focus on the destination, as the academic journey is bring mainly frustrations. As I am in mood for quotes, J.R.R. Tolkien's “Not all those who wander are lost.” is bringing some sense of comfort and meaning.
Below are stills from the Finding the Axis Mundi ritualistic sequence: a vinyasa with modified suria namaskar (sun salutation) which includes headstand variations; I practise the sequence twice a day combined with 12 straight legs push ups and several other exercises for abdominals.