Friday, May 4, 2012

Vernissages NYC | May 4

Wow! Quite an evening. I am sore from the 17.5km but quite satisfied from the visual memories from art, to the "super moon" views. I started my vernissage walkabout at Marian Goodman Gallery, exhibiting inspiring Giuseppe Penone's installation and drawings:
Giuseppe Penone at Marian Goodman

Earth continued to be the theme of the evening, with another remarkable exhibition of Anish Kapoor; the concavity of the space seems a reverted convexity of Serra's steel environments

 
 Anish Kapoor at Barbara Gladstone

On 21 Street the other major opening of the night: Richard Avedon's larger than life portraits. It is the third night in a row that Gagosian opens compelling exhibitions from the widest range of contemporary masters: Picasso on Wednesday, Lucio Fontana on Thursday//
Richard Avedon's "Murals and Portraits" @ Gagosian Gallery: 
would have ever the Chicago Seven imagined to be shown there?

On my way back I am chasing the "super moon" framed by the Manhattan street grid, I  am taking photos every four or five blocks, following the moon path while heading north-east,


 Total walk length: 17.5km