Sunday, February 8, 2009

Web Host Provider and loss (hopefully temporary) of www.sky-spirals.org

My former web site provider aplus.net has made impossible to transfer the www.sky-spirals.org domain, check what happened to the site. They have also posted unauthorized charges to my credit card after I cancelled (by email, by phone and following exactly their procedures in their web interface) the account a week before the automatic renewal. I will have to waste more time going to the credit card charges dispute. A consolation token: I am not alone, see http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4RNWN_enUS297US297&q=aplus%2enet+fraud

In this mess I am realizing how the Internet adminstration (web host providers, registras, domain registrars) lacks regulations and clear understandable rules for the consumers.

www.sky-spirals.org is important to me! It is not just a name, but is about a vision, many projects, ideas and yes, is about creating a place where anybody can think (and act) about to contribute to make the world a better place, living in harmony with ourselves and the enviroment.

Internet "owners" (you know whom I am referring to): transfering a doman should not be a nightmare!